Gay Head Lighthouse
The historic Gay Head Lighthouse is located atop the Gay Head cliffs. Originally constructed in 1799, the current lighthouse is over 150 years old and still guides the ships through the rocky waters off the coast of Aquinnah. It is open for sunset tours in the spring and summer, and it is also a fantastic place for wedding celebrations.
- Hours: The lighthouse is open in season. Please call or visit our website for details.
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: 1799, rebuilt in 1856
- Parking: On-street: free, On-street: metered
- Services: Food/drink, Gift shop, Restrooms
- Seasons: Autumn (Sept-Nov), Summer (Jun-Aug)
- Season end: Mid-June
- Season start: Mid-September