Alley's General Store is a mainstay for many locals and tourists on the island. Located just barely on the West Tisbury side of the Chilmark town line, Alley's serves as a post office, convenience mart, toy and hardware store, and coffee shop. Alley's has been restored and kept up much as it appeared in its original days in the 1850s, and the porch still offers a few swings and a hammock where you can buy your lemonade, drink it and enjoy the day. During the summer, Alley's Farm Stand, located behind the general store, carries an array of local produce, most famously corn and peaches from nearby Morning Glory Farm.
- Fax: 508-331-5693
- Hours: Winter hours: Daily, 7am - 6pm; Summer hours: Daily, 7am - 7pm
- Handicap Accessible: Ramp located on the side of the building
- Founding Date: 1858
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Products: Health and beauty care, toys, gifts, hardware, outdoor and fishing gear, games, sodas, grocery items, tobacco products
- Services: Gift certificates
- Return policy: "If you bought it here, you can return it!"
- ATM: Yes
- Public restrooms: No
- Parking: Free lot
- Private events: No
- What makes this community special?: Alley's! Having been a part of the community since 1858, Alley's is synonymous with West Tisbury.
- Food & dining options: Gluten-free, Kosher, Low calorie, Natural, Organic, Sugar-free, Vegan, Vegetarian
- General services: Prepared foods
- Specialties: Alley's sells many locally made food items like By The Sea Salt, Eileen Blake's Pies, as well as many summertime-only favorites like dips, appetizers and savory pies.
- What is the most popular toy or game ever sold at the store?: Smoke bombs.
- Items: Coffee, Drugs, Flowers, Ice, Newspapers/magazines, Pastry, Soda, Tobacco products