- There's a new music festival happening on the Vineyard this weekend and you can find out all about it in Your Guide to the On the Vine Music Festival with Natalie Cole and Smokey Robinson.
- Saturday's second annual Seawall Event invites men to stand up against domestic violence at the seawall in Vineyard Haven from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. CONNECT to End Violence, a program of Martha's Vineyard Community Services, will provide snacks, water and poster-making materials. See photos from the event here.
- Singer-songwriter Amy Black performs in concert at Alex's Place at the Y, Saturday at 8 p.m. $15.
- The 22nd annual Friends of Sengekontacket Oar and Paddle Regatta gets underway at 8:30 a.m. Sunday at the Little Bridge by State Beach in Oak Bluffs. $25 entry fee includes post-race BBQ, awards and tee shirt. Bring your kayak, canoe, standup paddle, rowboat or other non motorized seaworthy conveyance to take part.
- Sunday at Featherstone Center for the Arts, the fourth annual Potters Bowl takes place from 4 to 6 p.m.: Pay $30 for a bowl made by a Vineyard ceramic artist, and get free soup, rolls, dessert and a rinse for your bowl before you take it home.
Do you have another weekend event to recommend? Tell us in the comments.