But for those of us who want to go out this weekend, there's plenty to do by night and day. Here are five tips for the three-day weekend; find more things to do in our Events calendar, where you can add your own local events for free. And if you have something to add to the list, please tell us in the comments below. (See also: Friday Best Bets on the Vineyard.)
- The 9th annual All-Island Tennis Championship continues Saturday and Sunday at Farm Neck Golf Club in Oak Bluffs. More details here.
- Singer-songwriters Tristan Israel, Nancy Jephcote and Paul Thurlow perform at the Katharine Cornell Theater in Vineyard Haven Saturday at 7:30 p.m. $12 at the door, children free.
- Nashville sensation Dayna Kurtz plays Alex's Place at the Y Saturday night. 8 p.m., $20, advance tickets recommended: www.alexsplace.net, www.ticketsmv.com/alexs, or at the Y Member Desk.
- Sunday brings the Tisbury Firefighters Association Annual Car Show, from 1 to 5 p.m. in downtown Vineyard Haven. Read all about it here.
- Monday, the Pennywise 5K Run/Walk for the Edgartown Library is a USATF sanctioned 5K fun run/walk, starts at 10 a.m. at the Edgartown School. Registrants can pick up their numbers starting at 9 a.m. and walk-up registration opens at the same time for $15 (children) and $25 (adults). Register in advance at the Edgartown Library and save $5.