- The 2013 Martha's Vineyard International Film Festival continues with screenings Saturday and Sunday at three theaters in Vineyard Haven. See Your Guide to the 2013 Martha's Vineyard International Film Festival for the complete schedule with links to film descriptions and trailers. Tickets $12.
- Saturday morning, Guided Kayak is an an exciting kayak adventure on Sengekontacket Pond with Felix Neck Wildlife Sanctuary: Paddle by Sarson’s Island to see nesting shorebirds; watch American oystercatchers, cormorants and shorebirds feed and frolic; explore the salt marsh and search for pond wildlife. $40, ages 11 and up with an adult in a tandem boat. Registration required: 508-627-4850, email@example.com.
- Local filmmakers' short works are showcased in the two-hour MV Film Festival program Think Globally, Shoot Locally, presented by the Martino brothers of Martha's Vineyard Productions. Sunday, 2 p.m., Katharine Cornell Theatre, $12.
- Celebrate the new show of watercolors by Dave Grey at the Oak Bluffs Public Library at 2 p.m. Saturday. Refreshments served. Free. You can also catch a reception for a group show of small works by Island fine artists at A Gallery in Oak Bluffs from 5:30 to 8 p.m.
- The disco ball spins again: Family Dance-O-Rama returns to the Vineyard entertainment scene this weekend with a new venue and time: Sundays, 5 to 7 p.m. at Hooked in Oak Bluffs. Admission free, family-friendly menu and full bar available.