- Take a scarecrow tour of more than 80 Muppets, Monsters and Musicians around the Island, before they're gone.
- Check out the winter farmers market at the Ag Hall in West Tisbury: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday.
- Get thrilled when 'Frankenstein' Leaps from London Stage to Vineyard Screen at the Martha's Vineyard Film Center in Vineyard Haven. Danny Boyle's theater production stars Benedict Cumberbatch and Jonny Lee Miller. You can find out what else is playing at the movies on MV, including James Gandolfini's final film at the Film Center and Johnny Knoxville's "Bad Grandpa" at the Edgartown cinema, on our Movie Fridays page.
- For some live rocking blues that's perfect for dancing, head to the Ag Hall Saturday at 7 p.m. to hear Johnny Hoy & the Bluefish at the 20th annual Barn Raisers' Ball. Free admission, bring a treat for the dessert potluck.
- Are you an Islander in need of food and/or clothing? Clothes to Go offers free gently worn clothing Saturdays from 9 to 11 a.m. and Wednesdays from 2 to 4 p.m. at the Christ United Methodist Church, 89 William St. in Vineyard Haven; the Island Food Pantry is open Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 2 to 4 p.m. at the same location.
- Are you in a position to help your less-fortunate neighbors eat? Monetary donations are welcome: Island Food Pantry, PO Box 1874, Vineyard Haven, MA 02568.