- Bargain hunters, here's this weekend's Map with Yard Sales in Oak Bluffs, Vineyard Haven, West Tisbury. Planning a sale? Add yours instantly — even after it's begun — using our handy form.
- The Morning Glory Farm Pumpkin Festival takes place Saturday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. with a pumpkin carving contest, pumpkin painting, a hay maze, hay rides and other activities for all ages. "Great food! Free Admission," posts the farm on its Faceboook page. Meshacket Road at West Tisbury Road, Edgartown.
- While you're carving that masterpiece for the Morning Glory contest, why not share it with your neighbors (and the world) on Patch? Email a photo as a jpeg file with your name and hometown with state to email@example.com to be included in our gallery: Your Pumpkin Photos: Scary, Amazing and Adorable.
- Sunday at 10 a.m., it's the Build A Scarecrow / Win an iPAd??!!Scarecrow Building Workshop for Charter School Scarecrow Festival! at the Martha's Vineyard Public Charter School in West Tisbury. "We provide free basic building materials and simple construction tips. You provide specific costume and materials for your music-themed scarecrow. Scarecrows decorate island businesses from Oct. 26 - Nov. 3. No entry fee and you may win an iPad! More info: Call Paul 508 693-9900."
- The 68th annual Martha's Vineyard Striped Bass & Bluefish Derby draws to a close this weekend with the final weigh-in Saturday night followed by Sunday's all-ages, free awards ceremony and grand raffle. Derby weigh-ins take place from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. and 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. and
Sunday's celebration begins at 1 p.m. at Farm Neck Golf Club, 1 Farm Neck Way in Oak Bluffs. Doors open at 12:30 p.m.