"Alex's has decided, with the encouragement of our community, to schedule a special Community Open Stage on Saturday, January 11 beginning at 8 p.m. All members of the community are welcomed to perform as always. Doors open at 7. Claim a spot beginning at 7:30 p.m. Each set limited to two pieces please.
Alex's Place is located as part of the YMCA of MV across from the regional high school."
Want to know more about the open stage? Here's what we wrote about it last month in an article titled "All-Ages Open Stage Puts Islanders in the Spotlight:"
If you enjoy live entertainment, but haven't yet been to an Open Stage at Alex's Place, you owe it to yourself to stop by.
Here's what you might find:
- Warm, fresh pizza and cookies straight from the oven;
- A comfortable, substance-free performance space;
- A professional staff with up-to-date sound and lighting equipment;
- Astonishingly talented Islanders young and old.
Last month (November) at the open stage, Patch enjoyed:
- Rock played by teens and tweens who surprised us with their chops;
- A captivating Celtic string trio led by Island musician and educator Brian Weiland on fiddle, with his son on cello and daughter on electric harp;
- and a showstopping performance by 15-year-old singer-songwriter Nate D'Angelo, who called up recollections of Phil Ochs and the very young Bruce Springsteen with his wordy, original folksongs.