Here's what you might find:
- Warm, fresh pizza and cookies straight from the oven;
- A comfortable, substance-free performance space;
- A professional staff with up-to-date sound and lighting equipment;
- Astonishingly talented Islanders young and old.
Last month at the open stage, Patch enjoyed:
- Rock played by teens and tweens who surprised us with their chops;
- A captivating Celtic string trio led by Island musician and educator Brian Weiland on fiddle, with his son on cello and daughter on electric harp;
- and a showstopping performance by 15-year-old singer-songwriter Nate D'Angelo, who called up recollections of Phil Ochs and the very young Bruce Springsteen with his original folksongs.
We'll be back this Friday and hope to see you there as well. Admission is $5 to listen or perform; snacks are free. Alex's Place is located at the YMCA of Martha's Vineyard, 111R Edgartown Road.