- Monday night, get closer to nature and your loved ones at the Not-so-Creepy Creatures of the Night Family Hike at Long Point Wildlife Refuge. Hosted by Trustees of Reservations: 7 p.m., $10 per member child/$12 non-member child; two adults free with each child admission.
- Tuesday, poet Nathalie Handel is the 7 p.m. headliner at the Pathways & Featherstone Summer Festival of Poetry, which begins at 6 p.m. with music and refreshments at Featherstone Center for the Arts in Oak Bluffs. $20.
- We hate to say it, but Wednesday from 9 a.m. to noon is the last midweek West Tisbury Farmers Market of 2013. (The Saturday market continues through Oct. 5.)
- Another last chance: Thursday is the final night of the season for fresh, family-friendly improv comedy in the air-conditioned cabaret environment of Alex's Place at the Y. IMPers and WIMP Comedy Improv kicks off at 8 p.m. with up-and-coming youth comics. $11-$15.
- With the Striped Bass and Bluefish Derby less than a month away, the Martha's Vineyard Museum opens a new exhibition Friday called "One on the Line," tracing the event from its 1946 foundation.
Do you have another event to recommend? Please tell us in the comments.