- Monday brings clearer skies but cooler-than-normal temperatures with daytime highs nearing 43, according to the National Weather Service. Things will warm up a bit Tuesday through Friday, with Wednesday looking to be the warmest of the week with a predicted high of around 57, the NWS predicts. Sun and clouds will be chasing each other through the skies Tuesday and Wednesday, with a possibility of showers Thursday.
- Learn about and enjoy the best in jazz music at the Oak Bluffs Public Library Tuesday at 2 p.m. when Leslie Stark spins records and discusses the music of Duke Ellington, Count Basie and Louis Armstrong.
- Residents of Aquinnah and West Tisbury have special town meetings Tuesday. The chief item of business in Aquinnah is the proposed purchase of land by the erosion-threatened Gay Head Light, according to the Martha's Vineyard Times. West Tisbury voters will take up items including a proposed $300 fine for smoking marijuana in public and a zoning bylaw request aimed at allowing a state-registered marijuana dispensary to operate in West Tisbury, the Times reports.
- There's another Middle School Dance this Friday at Alex's Place at the Y, which is also open for after-school hanging out Monday through Thursday starting at 2 p.m. Friday's dance for sixth-, seventh- and eighth-graders gets going at 7 p.m., ends at 10 p.m. and costs $5.
- College-bound Martha's Vineyard students won't have to leave the Island to take the ACT test if at least six sign up for the planned on-Island test Dec. 14. The sign-up deadline is Nov. 8 and a pre-test training is scheduled for Nov. 11. Find out more from Martha's Vineyard Youth Leadership Initiative, mvyli.org.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something