Time to get out the canning jars, the pie pans and the egg crates and put the best of what you’ve got forward. The 151st annual Martha’s Vineyard Agricultural Fair entry blanks are available now at the Agricultural Hall in West Tisbury and due back by Monday August 13th at 5 pm.
Here, care of the Martha’s Vineyard Agricultural Society, is all the information you need about entering your art, food, animals and more into the fair.
ENTRY SCHEDULE AND INFORMATION
1. Please fill out Entry Blanks and return them to the Fair Entry Clerk by Monday, August 13 by 5:00 p.m. E.S.T. No Entry Blanks will be accepted after Monday, August 13th. Requests for exhibits requiring special space must be made by August 3.
2. Please fill out separate entry form for animals.
3. Please indicate on your Entry Blank if you are entering as a Commercial/Professional Exhibitor. A person is considered a professional if he/she teaches, sells, demonstrates, lectures; or is connected with a shop, studio, stand. If you are one of these you are very welcome in the professional class of your expertise. Entries entered in “Other” categories must be identified.
4. All non-perishable Hall entries must be brought to the Agricultural Hall between 12 P.M. and 5 P.M. on Wednesday, August15.
5. ALL JUNIOR entries MUST be brought to the Hall on Wednesday, August 15 between 12 P.M. and 5 P.M.
6. Adult Perishable entries may be brought on Wednesday, August 15 between 12 P.M. and 5 P.M. or before 8:15 A.M. on Thursday, August 16.
7. All Eggs and Butter should be brought to the Hall by 9A.M. on Friday, August17.
8. All Animals and Poultry should be brought in between 7 & 9 A.M. on the day they are to be judged and must remain on the grounds until 3 P.M. Animals leaving before 3 P.M. forfeit any prize money which they might receive.
9. PETS Register with the Pet Show Committee at the stage on Thursday, August16. Show starts at 1:00 P.M.
10. Exhibits may be accompanied by descriptive information, but the exhibitor’s name must not appear until after the judging. The Society provides a tag for all Hall exhibits, with information to assist in judging. This tag must be firmly attached to the exhibit by the exhibitor.
11. The Chairman of any Department may establish a special category if there is a wide divergence in the entries of any one Class. Such new class is eligible for Ribbon Awards. The judge’s record of awards shall be final.
12.The judges are under no obligation to award a 1st prize in each category if they feel the entry does not warrant it. Judges shall award only one first, second, third prize in a particular category. Some exhibits warrant an honorable mention.
13. All exhibits are entered and displayed at the risk of the owner. The MVAS will not be responsible for loss or damage but will use every reasonable precaution to protect entries.
14. No exhibit which violates the laws of the Commonwealth will be allowed on the grounds. Please be sure you have checked all conservation laws. No art or craft project that has feathers on it or incorporated in it will be allowed. This includes Junior and Adult departments.
15. All entries must be removed from the hall between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. Monday, August 20th. The M.V.A.S. will not be responsible for any exhibits remaining in the hall after 1 p.m. Monday. Tag stubs must be shown in order to remove any exhibit from hall. All perishable products not called for by 1:00 Monday, August 20th, will be disposed of properly.
16. Winners will be paid by check on Monday, August 20th. Tag stubs must be shown in order to collect prizes.