They've been living and working among us for weeks: Eleven cast members of "The Vineyard," the new, unscripted ABC Family cable series that's caused much comment on the Island since it was announced earlier this year.
Monday, the cable channel released photos and bios of the young characters whose Vineyard adventures at the Black Dog, Sand Bar, Menemsha Beach and other Island locales will soon be shared with the viewing public when the program debuts next month.
Click here to find out more about the series' characters, described by ABC Family as:
- Katie: "Beautiful and gregarious," who's "using the summer to clear her head and figure out if her boyfriend is her true love or if it's time to move on."
- Luis: "Charming, spontaneous and impulsive ... Lou arrives on the island for the summer determined to find the girl of his dreams."
- Jon: "The All-American pre-med student, Jonathan has this summer to let loose before he has to focus all of his attention on school."
- Emily: "Sophisticated and opinionated, Emily knows what she wants in life: a successful man to take care of her."
- Daniel: "Outgoing and upbeat with a great sense of humor ... Daniel just can't seem to find the right girl."
- Taelyr: "Shy and inexperienced, Taelyr missed out on the wild teen years."
- Sophi: "A Miami Venezuelan, Sophi is a gifted singer who dreams of a career in music."
- Cat: "Rebellious Cat is still trying to decide what she wants to do with her life, an issue that usually puts her at odds with her mom."
- Ben: "The strong, silent heartthrob, Ben's life has been in a holding pattern since he returned to the island after leaving the Coast Guard."
- Jackie: "An aspiring writer, Jackie left the bright lights of Los Angeles to move back to the Vineyard and be closer to her ailing mother."
- Gabby: "Level-headed with a take-charge attitude, Gabby is the confidant for her two best friends, Jackie and Katie."
The ABC Family "docu-soap" debuts July 23 at 10 p.m.
Will you be watching the series? Tell us in the comments.
Stay Patched in! Follow Martha's Vineyard Patch on Twitter | Like Martha's Vineyard Patch on Facebook | Sign up for the daily email with links to the latest news | Got something to say? Post on Patch and share your news and opinions.