This just in from the ABC Family channel, part of the Disney/ABC Television Network, in a press release announcing recently-approved new programming.
As posted on TV By the Numbers, the announcement reads:
“The Vineyard,” a dramatic coming-of-age docu-soap, follows a handful of 20-somethings in Martha’s Vineyard for the summer.
Tight quarters, new friends and new rivals, all living, working and playing together, make this picturesque playground ripe for mischief and romance.
“The Vineyard” is created and executive-produced by Dave Broome (“Biggest Loser”) and Brian Smith (“Masterchef”). The series is produced by 25/7 Productions.
The day, time, cast and location for the show have yet to be announced.
What do you think of this news? Is this good for the Vineyard? Will you watch the show? Are you a fan of reality TV? Tell us in the comments.
You may also be interested in:
- Why Do You Love the Vineyard? (Louisa)
- Last-Minute Valentine Gifts on Martha’s Vineyard (Louisa, Patch community)
- Lent Begins: Where's the Best Fish? (Patch community)
- Up-Island Businesses Hang On Through Winter (Louisa)
- Vineyard to Vineyard: Of All the Gin Joints ... (Louisa's blog)
- (Eileen M Lauinger photos)
- Snow Transforms Island Landscapes (Geraldine Moriarty photos)
- Martha's Vineyard Pics & Clips (Patch community photos)
- SHOW US: Blizzard Outside My Window (Patch community photos)
- Share Your Photos: How Much Snow Do You Have? (Patch community photos)
Stay Patched in! Follow Martha's Vineyard Patch on Twitter | Like Martha's Vineyard Patch on Facebook | Sign up for the daily email with links to the latest news | Got something to say? Start a blog and share your views.