Here are the grand leaders as of Sunday, Sept. 29:
- Bluefish - Boat: Daniel Hiemer, 19.69 pounds
- Bluefish - Shore: Mike Valentine, 14.97 pounds
- Bass - Boat: Brian P. Curry, 28.82 pounds
- Bass - Shore: Julie M. Immelt, 30.06 pounds
- Bonito - Boat: Alphonsus D. Simmons, 9.44 pounds
- Bonito - Shore: Cooper A. Gilkes, 6.58 pounds
- Albacore - Boat: Roger A. Schaefer, 11.04 pounds
- Albacore - Shore: David B. Pickett, 9.95 pounds
Total weigh-ins through Sunday night, according to Derby officials:
- Bluefish: 477 fish weighed in, totaling 3,705.90 pounds
- Bonito: 145 fish weighed in, totaling 863.37 pounds
- False Albacore: 122 fish weighed in, totaling 1,047.68 pounds
- Striped Bass: 265 fish weighed in, totaling 4,287.79 lbs.
Weigh-ins take place daily from 8 a.m., to 10 a.m. and 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. at Derby HQ, at the foot of Main Street in Edgartown.
Derby registration remains open at Island tackle shops:
Capt. Porky's Bait & Tackle, 13 Dock St, Edgartown, 508-627-7117
Coop's Bait & Tackle: 147 W Tisbury Rd, Edgartown: 508-627-3909
Dick's Bait & Tackle: 108 New York Ave, Oak Bluffs: 508-693-7669
Larry's Tackle Shop: 258 Upper Main St, Edgartown: 508-627-5088
See the complete list of Derby registration locations and hours.
According to the Derby Facebook page, a free camo cap with Derby logo comes with each registration: $45, seniors and juniors $20. See details here.
Here are some fast facts from the Derby website:
- You can register at anytime before or during the Derby, at island Tackle shops or when the HQ is open. You must be registered PRIOR to fishing.
- To support the Derby scholarship fund, please consider adding an optional donation of $10 to your registration.
- There are FIVE $500 Super Saturday events, but you must elect to participate when you register.
- Saturday October 5th is Eastern Boats and Clay Cars DEMO DAY! At Derby HQ. Come down and meet the Grand Prize sponsors!
- The Derby Ends Saturday Oct 19th at 10PM and our FINAL AWARDS CEREMONY is Sunday Oct 20th at 1:00PM at Farm Neck Golf Club. This a FREE event for all and we hope you can attend. Raffle, food, fun!