Previously listed at $2,750,000 , the property at 225 East Chop Drive, Oak Bluffs changed hands Nov. 21 for $2,300,000.
According to Zillow, Parham's new Island home was built in 1950 and has three bedrooms and two bathrooms in 2,354 square feet on a half-acre lot.
The online listing continues:
- "Beautifully appointed family home with exceptional water views from the entire house.
- Open living concept with cathedral ceilings and hardwood floors throughout.
- Multiple seating/living areas, library and partially finished basement/office.
- This property has been written up in many architectural and design magazines as the crown jewel of East Chop, a sleepy Martha's Vineyard community of exceptional homes."
Parham is vice president and chief human resources officer at Asbury Motor Group, where according to Salary.com he earned $789,404 in total compensation for the 2012 fiscal year including a salary of $328,192, a $182,160 bonus, $269,452 in stock and $9,600 in other compensation.
This jet-age automotive executive's home is directly next door to the lighthouse on Telegraph Hill, where in the age of sail semaphores were used to signal Falmouth that ships were arriving from overseas.
Follow our Real Estate group to keep up with the latest news about homes and land for sale on the Vineyard. Other recent Sold! features:
- Jimmy Cagney's Former Edgartown Home Sold to CarMax CEO
- Top Edgartown Architect Buys 2 Aquinnah Homes
- Lobsterville 2-Bedroom Contemporary
- 10-Bedroom Chappaquiddick Mansion
- Obama Chums Buy Martha's Vineyard Home
Do you have a home for sale? Open house coming up? Post it on Patch!