A waterfront home on Makonikey Head in West Tisbury has changed hands for $2,600,000, according to Dukes County land records.
Former listed at $2,920,000, 4 Windy Way was built in 1962 and has four bedrooms and four bathrooms in 1,840 square feet of living space on a 3.3-acre lot, according to Zillow.
The online listing continues:
- "One of the highest points in Makonikey with epic views from the North Shore of more than 180 degrees.
- The home design takes advantage of the spectacular view from every room.
- A sweeping lawn leads to steps down to the bluff overlooking Vineyard Sound.
- This magical location also features a charming detached artist studio.
- Stroll the shore at sunrise or sunset with a short walk down to the private association beach.
- No surprise this is one of the original home sites in Makonikey based on the VIEW, VIEW, VIEW!"
Thomas and Makena Herget of New Hampshire purchased the property Nov. 26 from Christina Winkler, trustee for the Joellen Rapee Nominee Trust No. 2.
Follow our Real Estate group to keep up with the latest news about homes and land for sale on the Vineyard. Other recent Sold! features:
- 'Jewel of East Chop' Sold to Atlanta Executive
- Jimmy Cagney's Former Edgartown Home Sold to CarMax CEO
- Top Edgartown Architect Buys 2 Aquinnah Homes
- 10-Bedroom Chappaquiddick Mansion
- Obama Chums Buy Martha's Vineyard Home
Do you have a home for sale? Open house coming up? Post it on Patch!