The Oak Bluffs Town Meeting takes place tonight, April 10th at 7 pm.
The meeting location is the Performing Arts Center.
Town moderator Jesse (Jack) Law 3rd will preside over the session.
There is seven-item special town meeting will take place first, followed by the 17-article town meeting.
The special town meeting includes the following
- Paying bills from the previous year
- Covering administrative costs
- Spending $143,000 to purchase new public safety equipment
The 17-article town meeting warrant includes the following:
- Whether to spend funds for police and emergency response consider vehicles and equipment including $281,250 for a new transport ambulance and upgrades
- Whether to use funds from the Community Preservation Act for several projects
- Whether to spend $38,300 for a Upper Lagoon Pond water quality assessment
- Whether to double bylaw violations fines
- Whether to enable the police department to conduct state and federal fingerprint-based criminal history checks on people applying for hawking and peddling or door-to-door salesperson licenses, managers of alcoholic beverage licenses, owners or operators of a public conveyance, dealers of second-hand articles, pawn dealers, hackney drivers, and ice cream truck vendors
- Whether voters support the construction of a roundabout at the blinker intersection
- Whether voters support a constitutional amendment overturning the Citizens United vs. FEC Supreme Court case decision
The Oak Bluffs annual town budget is $24.1 million, a 1.14 per cent increase over last year.
Oak Bluff’s annual election will take place on Thursday, April 12th.