Like just about anything else you might want to buy on the Vineyard, heroin is more expensive here: About three times as costly as it is on the mainland, according to the Martha's Vineyard Times.
The Times and Vineyard Gazette report this week that two Brockton men were arrested by the Island's drug task force Wednesday, accused of trying to set up heroin distribution here.
Times writer Nelson Sigelmen reports that Jason Lewis and Corey Waters, both 32, who had been staying at the Mansion House, were arraigned and jailed Thursday.
In Gazette writer Sara Brown reports that 10 individually-wrapped packages of heroin were found at the Mansion House, adding up to about three grams of the drug.
Island drug agents followed the men for two days before springing the trap, and their investigations continue, the newspapers report.
- Brockton-Vineyard heroin connection broken by two arrests,Martha's Vineyard Times
- Heroin Arrest Points to Lucrative Island Market, Vineyard Gazette.
You may also be interested in:
- Is "Vineyard" Reality TV Show "Worst Idea Ever"?
- Reality TV Show "The Vineyard" Announced
- Police Action Planned at Warren House
- Wanted: Have You Seen This Thief?
- Island Mystery: Where Is This Painting?
- Lent Begins: Where's the Best Fish?
- Up-Island Businesses Hang On Through Winter
- Vineyard to Vineyard: Of All the Gin Joints ...
- House Hunt: Where Can I Live on the Vineyard?
Stay Patched in! Follow Martha's Vineyard Patch on Twitter | Like Martha's Vineyard Patch on Facebook | Sign up for the daily email with links to the latest news | Got something to say? Start a blog and share your views.