.

Explosive Fire Destroys Home, Kills Dog in Oak Bluffs

Updated: The Vineyard Gazette reports that a Labrador retriever died in Tuesday's fire that demolished an unoccupied home in Oak Bluffs.

The Vineyard Gazette has updated its breaking story about a fire at a home on Kim's Way in Oak Bluffs Tuesday morning.

A Labrador retriever inside the home died in the blaze, which fire officials told the newspaper was likely caused by an overloaded electrical power cord.

Nobody was in the rented home at the time of the fire, but ammunition stored there became explosive in the flames, the Gazette reports.

Earlier:

Firefighters from Oak Bluffs, Edgartown and Vineyard Haven rolled to a fire at a vacant Oak Bluffs home shortly after 10 a.m. Tuesday, according to the Vineyard Gazette.

No one was injured in the blaze at the home on Kim's Way, which had previously been rented, the Gazette reported.

For more fire news, please see our Police & Fire section, available in the News tab above or by clicking here.

Stay Patched in! Follow Martha's Vineyard Patch on Twitter | Like Martha's Vineyard Patch on Facebook | Sign up for the daily email with links to the latest news | Got something to say? Start a blog and share your views.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something