The Vineyard Gazette has updated its breaking story about a fire at a home on Kim's Way in Oak Bluffs Tuesday morning.
A Labrador retriever inside the home died in the blaze, which fire officials told the newspaper was likely caused by an overloaded electrical power cord.
Nobody was in the rented home at the time of the fire, but ammunition stored there became explosive in the flames, the Gazette reports.
Firefighters from Oak Bluffs, Edgartown and Vineyard Haven rolled to a fire at a vacant Oak Bluffs home shortly after 10 a.m. Tuesday, according to the Vineyard Gazette.
No one was injured in the blaze at the home on Kim's Way, which had previously been rented, the Gazette reported.
Stay Patched in! Follow Martha's Vineyard Patch on Twitter | Like Martha's Vineyard Patch on Facebook | Sign up for the daily email with links to the latest news | Got something to say? Start a blog and share your views.