There are a couple of recipes for snow ice cream, but I perfer the version made with condensed milk.
Here are two recipes.
- 8 cups snow, or shaved ice
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place snow or shaved ice into a large bowl. Pour condensed milk over and add vanilla. Mix to combine. Serve immediately in bowls.
Original recipe makes 8 servings
- 1 gallon snow
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups milk
- When it starts to snow, place a large, clean bowl outside to collect the flakes. When full, stir in sugar and vanilla to taste, then stir in just enough milk for the desired consistency. Serve at once.
Courtesy of Plymouth Patch.
Want more snow?
- Blizzard '13: Martha's Vineyard Information Center
- LIVE CHAT: Blizzard of 2013
- Scattered Outages on the Vineyard
- What Do You Think About Gov. Patrick’s Travel Ban?
- SHOW US: Blizzard Outside My Window
- Share Your Photos: How Much Snow Do You Have?
Stay Patched in this winter! Follow Martha's Vineyard Patch on Twitter | Like Martha's Vineyard Patch on Facebook | Sign up for the daily email with links to the latest news | Got something to say? Start a blog and share your views.