1. The Cooking Demos at , Vineyard Haven continue today with Bernadette Cormie from Herring Run Kitchens cooking up ideas for holiday appetizers. 11 am–1 pm.
2. There’s a Playgroup at the for little ones ages 0-2 today. 1 pm –1:45 pm. For more information, go to ymcamv.org; or call 508-696-7171.
3. Tonight at the in West Tibury, Earle Barnhart and Hilde Maingay from New Alchemy in Falmouth will lead a discussion on Alternative Strategies to Reduce Nitrogen in Coastal Ponds. Discussion will include new green techniques including shellfish culture, eco-toilets and other green techniques to reduce nitrogen in our groundwater and ponds. Refreshments will be served. For more information, call 508-693-3453.
4. Come do some Eco-Crafting at the tonight. Using a felted sweater, you can make a purse, mittens, tote bag or hat. Felted sweaters available at library or bring your own. Free. Group is limited to 5. 6 pm. For more information, or to sign-up, call 508-627-4221.
5. There is a Basic Hand Building and Wheel Throwing Workshop with Frank Creney tonight at . 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm. $30. For more information, call 508-693-1850 or visit featherstoneart.org.