1. Clifford the Big Red Dog is visiting two up-Island libraries today. He’ll be at the at 10:30 am and the at 2 pm. Sponsored by Martha’s Vineyard Library Association’s Children’s Librarians. For more information, call 508-645-3360.
2. Chilmark School PTO presents: 50's night tonight at the . Come dance the night away to the sounds of the Chickee Babies and friends. Desserts, beverages, live and silent auctions including such items as vacation rental on Maui, Cape Air tickets, staycation at Menemsha Inn/Beach Plum Inn, Scott Frank movie package, sail on the Alabama, Farm Institute camp, Sense of Wonder Creations Camp, Y passes, gift certificates to almost everywhere and so much more! All proceeds benefit the . 7 pm
3. The Martha’s Vineyard Film Society screens the film Melancholia tonight at the in Vineyard Haven. Winner of the Best Film and Cinematography at the European Film Award and Best Actress, Kirsten Dunst at the Cannes Film Festival, Melancholia is a psychological disaster film from director Lars von Trier. Justine (Kirsten Dunst) and Michael (Alexander Skarsgård) are celebrating their marriage at a sumptuous party in the home of her sister Claire (Charlotte Gainsbourg), and brother-in-law John (Kiefer Sutherland). Despite Claire’s best efforts, the wedding is a fiasco, with family tensions mounting and relationships fraying. Meanwhile, a planet called Melancholia is heading directly towards Earth…7:30 pm. 135 minutes; Drama, Science Fiction/Fantasy; Rated R. $5 for members, $8 for general admission
4. Griffin Hughes will teach her Foam Roller Workshop at the today. The class will detail how the use of this simple tool can ease muscle and joint pain, increase blood flow and massage connective tissue. The 1 ½ hour class is $20 for health club members, $35 for non-members, including a take-home foam roller. Participants can also bring their own rollers and take the class for only $10. Space is limited. 4 pm – 5:30 pm. For more information, visit www.mvmansionhouse.com or call 508-693-2200.
5. Don't miss a chance to enjoy a delicious pasta meal at the today prepared by to benefit the Y Mako Swim Club! 5:30 pm. $15 per individual / $45 per family. Tickets can be purchased in advance at the Y Member Service Desk and at the door this evening.