1. Local women, global mission. There will be a class and presentation this morning to raise awareness and funds for Lila Fischer of West Tisbury and Hannah Kahl of Chilmark, to travel to Uganda where they will work at Earth Birth, a women’s health collective. Tea and homemade goodies will be served 9:30 am – 11:30 am 290 South Rd. Chilmark $20
2. Come celebrate kale at the Kale Festival at Mermaid Farm in Chilmark. There will be kale cooking demos, kale tastings, a kale cook-off and a potluck brunch. There will also be tours. The event starts with demos at 10 am, followed by the cook-off and brunch at noon. Bring a dish to share (that includes kale!).
3. There is a National History Walk in Aquinnah this afternoon. Meet at the municipal parking lot at the corner of Moshup’s Trail and State Road at 1 pm.
4. Enjoy the Martha’s Vineyard School of Ballet’s 14th annual production of the MV Nutcracker. Starring Kirstin Glaser as the Sugar Plum Fairy and Devon Lodge, from Oak Bluffs, as the Snow King and Arabian. Performances take place at the Martha’s Vineyard Regional High School Performing Arts Center and run today at 2 pm. Tickets: $15; $25 for preferred seating and $50 for families.
5. The Island Community Chorus Holiday Concert takes place today at 3 pm at the Old Whaling Church in Edgartown. $15