1. It’s Friends and Family Night in Vineyard Haven from 3 pm - 8 pm. See our rundown of events here.
2. Aquinnah author Philip Weinstein will lectures on Buchi Emecheta's The Joys of Motherhood as part of his series on Fictions of Colonial Encounter this afternoon at the Oak Bluffs Public Library. 4 pm. For more information, call 508-696-4211.
3. The All-Island Winter Band Concert is tonight at the Performing Arts Center of the Martha's Vineyard Regional High School. 7 pm. Free admission.
4. The Martha’s Vineyard Commission meets tonight at the Old Stone Building, Oak Bluffs. 7:30 pm
5. There is also a Reflections of Peace Christmas Concert at in Oak Bluffs to benefit . 7:30 pm. Tickets are $20. For more information, call 508-627-3166.