1. “We’ve got lots of good meats for the holidays,” said Chrissy Kinsman, Development Director of the . “We’ve got legs of lamb and a bunch of beautiful roasts. We also have smoked hams.” The hams need to be reserved by emailing Meredith@farminstitute.org and the rest of the meat is available this weekend at the or anytime at the farm stand.
2. has recently set up their self-serve freezers and they are full of beef roasts and tenderloins, veal chops and pork roasts. According to owner Molly Glasgow they’ve got all types of pork cuts and sausages and “Possibility of a few fresh hams.” As always there is milk, cream and raw milk. Hours are 7 am – 7 pm. Glasgow also said, “If you arrive and don’t see what you’re looking for, call Eric’s cell phone. It may mean that the item you’re looking for just needs to be restocked.” That number is: 508-939-0541
3. also has freezers full of meat and plenty of their own vegetables still available. Pat Valenti, farm stand manager said, “We just got two steers in so we’ve got all the beef cuts including beef bottom round roasts.” There’s also pork roasts, large fresh ham roasts and whole chickens. Fresh chickens will be arriving on Friday and they’re running a chicken special, buy 2 get 10% off, buy 4 get 15% off and buy 8 or more and get 20% off. “We also have our own winter squash, potatoes, turnips, carrots, kale, lettuce and cranberry beans,” said Valenti.
4. Richard Andre from the Cleveland Farm has Christmas turkeys! “We’ve also got organically raised pork and pasture raised chickens,” said Andre. They will be at the final farmers market this weekend or you can email Richard@richardjandre.com
5. has all sorts of breads for your holiday table. Owner Juli Vanderhoop recommends “A really nice fruit and seed bread that has: prunes, apricots, raisins, millet, flax, sesame seed and wheat berries. It is lovely served with cheese or as a dessert bread.” She also has her rosemary bread with olive oil, cookie boxes and will be doing holiday rolls to order. They come on trays of 16-20. “It is a farmhouse roll which is absolutely yummy,” said Vanderhoop.