1. Today is the at 142 North Rd, Chilmark, MA. 45th Summer of the oldest outdoor market on the island. Antiques, art, vintage finds, jewelry, toys, food. Something for everyone. Lovely setting in meadow off North Road. The event is FREE and goes from 9:00am to 2:00pm. For more information, call 508-645-9506 or email email@example.com.
2. This afternoon is the at . Enjoy fresh peach shortcake with whipped cream or ice cream. There will also be peach smoothies to enjoy on the church lawn. Peaches to go will also be available. All of the proceeds benefit the preservation of the historic building. For more information, call 508-693-2842 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Later in the afternoon check out the at . An evening of fun, friends, food and surprises! Visit Alison Shaw Gallery, Dragonfly Gallery, Stefaniw Wolf Jewelry Design, Lucinda Sheldon Creations, Periwinkle Studio, Red Mannequin, Piknik Gallery, Amity Ink, Michael Johnson Photography and others. Stroll from 4:00 -7:00 pm along Dukes County Ave and Vineyard Ave. Open and free to all. For more information, call 508-560-5614.
4. This evening there is the at 69 Pond View Farm Rd. Pony rides, games, beaded ponytails, face painting, cotton candy, and lots more! Saturday, August 11th from 5:00 to 7:00 pm. Special guest appearances from the characters of "The Little Mermaid." The event is $10. For more information, call 508.693.2949 or email email@example.com.
5. Later this evening there is a at . Lee H. McCormack, the first Poet Laureate in island history, will read an original poem to help save sharks and oceanic ecosystems. Wendy Benchley, Peter Benchley's widow, will also be speaking. There will be two movie screens to view the movie. While this event has ticketed seating for spots up close to the screens, there are many places to watch on the park lawn for free. The event begins at 7:30pm. For more information, call 508-627-4929 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.