1. This morning at Yoga Haven MV there is FLY Yoga Devotion w/Sherry Sidoti. Combining asana, dynamic meditation, chanting, pranayama, and self-soul-exploration, Sherry weaves the teachings of Bhakti Yoga, Shamanism, Tantra, Yoga Philosophy, Song, Dance, Laughter and fullness into a Sunday Morning Celebration. $17. 10 am.
2. The Oak Bluffs Open Market continues today in Washington Park on Massasoit Avenue in Oak Bluffs. Featuring locally grown produce and seafood, specialty foods, flowers, indie designers, artisans, and antique and vintage dealers. produce, flowers, seafood, specialties and other goods. 10 am – 2 pm. For more information, visit oakbluffsopenmarket.com.
3. There is a Pipe Organ Concert this afternoon at the Chilmark Community Church. This is a free concert to introduce the church’s wonderful new organ to the Island music community. Performances by some local organists. 4 pm.
4. This afternoon at Old Sculpin Gallery, there is an Artist Reception for Meg Mercier. Also, continuing from last week is the Derby Show featuring works by MVAA members with fish/fishing/fishermen as their main theme. This show is up until the Old Sculpin Gallery closes, October 8th. 5 pm.
5. The Manhattan Short Film Festival at the MV Film Center continues tonight. Vote for the one film you think is best and the winner will be announced at ManhattanShort.com on Sunday, October 7th at 10pm EST.