1. Today is MVCS Electronics Disposal Day at Martha's Vineyard Community Services. Bring your old and tired computers, monitors, televisions, printers, notebooks, copiers, scanners, air conditioners, stereo equipment, dehumidifiers, cell phones, microwaves, fax machines, all refrigerators, washers, dryers and ranges. Items will be disposed off-Island in an environmentally friendly way. Fees range between $1 and $30. No charge for mice and keyboards. Discounts for car loads. All proceeds benefit MVCS. 9 am–2 pm. For more information, call 508-693-7900 ext. 229.
2. The 25th Antique Power Show will be held today at the Antique Power Museum in the rear barn of the Agricultural Society in West Tisbury. All collectors of antique steam and gas engines, cars, trucks, motorcycles, hot rods, etc. are invited to participate. Free mugs and plaques will be given out to exhibitors. Free. 10 am – 5 pm. For more information, call 508-693-6039.
3. It’s Museum Day today at the Martha's Vineyard Museum as part of the Smithsonian’s annual Museum Day where over 1,300 museums across the country open their doors for free in a celebration of culture and learning. Log onto www.smithsonian.com/museumday to print out your ticket and enjoy the Museum from 10 am – 5 pm.
4. There is a Polyester Disco Party tonight at the Base Collective in Alex's Place at the YMCA. Wear your finest disco clothes and dance the night away with DJ Jai who will spin the top 100 disco tunes from the 70's. Ages 13 - 18 welcome. 8 pm – 10:30 pm.
5. The Vineyard Gardens Fall Sale continues today at Vineyard Gardens Nursery in West Tisbury. All perennials, all pottery and all trees and shrubs are 30% off. Roses and buddleia 50% off. Hats and all bird feeders and bird houses 25% off