1. Today there is a Native American Day Children's Program at the Edgartown Library. There will be a reading of the Wampanoag legend The Good Giants and the Bad Pukwudgies, followed by a make your own Bad Pukwudgie craft project. 3 pm. For more information, call 508-627-4221.
2. There will be Jazz in the Library this afternoon. The Duo (sometimes known as The JC Trio) will be playing jazz favorites at the West Tisbury Free Public Library. Free. 4 pm.
3. Tonight at Native Earth Teaching Farm in Chilmark there is a Friday Night Fire with storytelling, stargazing and night farm tours. $10 suggested donation per family/$5 per person. 7 pm – 10 pm. For more information, call 508-645-3304.
4. David Fisher of Natural Roots CSA, in Conway MA will give a Vegetable Production Seminar tonight at the Agricultural Hall in West Tisbury. Free. 7 pm.
5. There is a Community Open Stage at the Base Collective at Alex's Place at the YMCA. All ages invited (including adults) to perform music, poetry, spoken word, comedy (keep it clean please) and dance. Use their instruments or bring your own. Admission is $5. 8 pm. Signup in person at 6 pm or call 508-696-7171.