1. The Hospice of Martha's Vineyard celebrates their 31st Anniversary today with their 2nd Annual Golf Classic at Mink Meadows Golf Club. Hosted by CBS News correspondent Morton Dean, There will be a continental style breakfast and a catered lunch with a chance to will Celtics tickets or box seats to a Saratoga Springs race. This tournament helps defray Hospice operating costs. $100 per entry is partially tax deductible. Make your own foursome or they will pair you up. Shot Gun Start at 8 am. Sign up online at http://hospice.vineyard.net or call 508-693-0189. Pre registration is encouraged, as space is limited.
2. There will be a Vineyard Fashion Show today at the Oak Bluffs Open Market in Washington Park in collaboration with Martha's Vineyard Fashion Week featuring fashions from Island boutiques and market vendors and rock steady reggae performed by Mike Martin. Market open from 10 am – 2 pm; fashion show from 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm. For more information, call 508-939-1076
3. It’s Fall Family Fun Day today at Middletown Nursery in West Tisbury featuring vegetable harvest painting. Create your own masterpiece using various vegetables out of the garden. Refreshments will be served and, of course, there will be pony rides. 11 am – 2 pm.
4. Today on Menemsha beach there will be an E-Waste Collection and Community Potluck Jam. Bring down your old cell phones, computers, laptops, televisions, microwaves and other electronics. All items must still be operable. Noon - 6 pm. Music from 4 pm - 8 pm with Adam Lipsky and friends. Sponsored by the Realized Dreams Project. For more information, call 508-560-9037.
5. This evening at Old Sculpin Gallery in Edgartown, there is the second Artist Reception for The Derby Show. This show, running from September 15th through October 8th features paintings, prints and photographs of local scenes, fishermen in action and favorite Island fishing spots. 5 pm. For more information, call 508-627-4881