1. Today is International Walk to School Day. All Island schools will be participating and encouraging as many students to walk or bike to school as possible. Drivers should be especially careful during peak school travel times.
2. There are Free Teen After School Pottery classes with Nancy Blank and Carl Mueller at Featherstone this afternoon. 3:00 pm - 5 pm. For more information, call 508-693-1850 or visit featherstoneart.org.
3. Fall Farm Hands are needed today at the Farm Institute in Katama. Kids ages six to nine help with farm chores, harvest produce and do a fall craft projects. Program runs through Nov. 14. $15 per session/$90 for the season. Snack will be provided. 3 pm - 5 pm. For more information or to register, call 508-627-7007.
4. There will be a town meeting tonight at the American Legion in Vineyard Haven to celebrate the official ‘kick-off’ day for the new health-care contract for Martha’s Vineyard veterans. Several members from the Providence VA Medical Center will visit Martha’s Vineyard will attend. 5 pm. For more information, call 401-457-3369.
5. There is a MV Cub Scouts Orientation Night tonight at the YMCA. 6:30 pm - 8 pm. For more information, call 508-627-3163.