1. Shirley’s Hardware, normally closed on Sundays, will be open today due to Hurricane Sandy. They will have extra batteries and flashlights on hand. 10 am – 3 pm
2. It’s the last Family Fun Day! of the Fall season at Middletown Nursery in West Tisbury today. Make masks and bird feeders, carve pumpkins, ride ponies and have snacks and more. Free. 11 am – 2 pm. For more information, call 508-696-7600.
3. There is a Halloween Parade for Dogs and People this afternoon at the Oak Bluffs Market. Get your costumes ready for this costume parade where every dog has its day- every participant will receive a prize. Dog Treats donated by Good Dog Goods, chocolates from New Moon Magick- Enchanted Chocolates for the humans. Donations for Martha's Vineyard Helping Homeless Animals gladly accepted and appreciated. 1 pm. For more info call 508-939-1076
4. The Art*Island – Children's Carnivale takes place today at the Harbor View Hotel. There will be performances, music, theater and dance, mask making, felting, puppets — and that’s just the beginning! Free. 1 pm – 4 pm.
5. Tonight, the Katharine Cornell Theater presents Ann Randolph's Loveland. Join award-winning solo performer Ann Randolph as she takes us on the irreverent, hilarious and deeply human journey of Frannie Potts, an out-of-control, sexually charged misfit overwhelmed by grief. $20. 7:30 pm – 9:30 pm.