1. There is a Painting, Seeing and Imagination class for children six to nine with Lani Carney at Featherstone today. $35. 3:15 pm - 5:45 p.m.
2. The Martha's Vineyard Museum presents a Lecture: Sam Low presents “Polynesian Starpaths - Ancient Polynesian Voyaging and Navigation” $8/$12 non-members. 5:30 pm
3. The Art*Island Festival of Arts continues with Paint and Champagne tonight at the Harbor View Hotel. There will be a step-by-step art immersion led by painter Traeger DiPietro. Paint your masterpiece in the Harbor View “art studio” (the main dining room) accompanied by music and wine or champagne. This fun, benefit event will culminate at the end of the evening with a festive group “show.” The event benefits Arts Martha’s Vineyard. 7 pm.
4. Vineyard Confidential’s Holly Nadler will tell Scary But True Ghost Stories about the Island tonight at the Oak Bluffs Public Library. Refreshments served. 7 pm. For information, call 508-693-9433.
5. It’s Songwriter's Night at The Pit Stop tonight featuring Nina Violet, Joe Keenan and Adam Lipsky. All Ages. $10/$5 for members And Students. 8 pm