1. Kitchen Porch kicks off their Canning Club series of workshops with a class in Lacto-Fermenting this afternoon. Learn the safest practices in preserving and discover new exciting flavors and local foods while stocking your shelves with the brightness of the seasons to enjoy through the gray months of winter. Each workshop with end with a light lunch that highlights some of the preserves made that day. Individual Class $90/Four Classes $300. 2 pm. For more information, call 508-645-5000
2. There is an After School Wii Party at the Oak Bluffs Public Library today. Play Wii with your friends. Just Dance, Super Smash Brothers, Mario Party, and more. Ages 7 and up. 3 pm.
3. Also at the Oak Bluffs Public Library today, celebrate National Fossil Day. See several large collections. Q&A with the owners. All ages. Fun and fascinating. 4 pm–7:45 pm. For more information, 508-693-9433
4. ACE MV presents an Understanding Medicare Seminar with Mary Leddy tonight at the Martha's Vineyard Regional High School. Preregistration is required and free childcare available. 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm. For more information, call 774-310-1131 or email email@example.com.
5. There is a Public Hearing on a draft Developments of Regional Impact policy at the Martha's Vineyard Commission this evening. Download a copy of the draft policy at mvcommission.org, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Written comments may be submitted until October 22. 7:15 p.m. For questions, call 508-693-3453.