1. Cycle Martha's Vineyard takes place today with a 100K option and a 50K option. Sponsored by the Rotary Club of Martha's Vineyard with proceeds benefiting Windemere and other Rotary charities. Starts at 9:30 am at the PA Club in Oak Bluffs. For more information, visit cyclemarthasvineyard.org or email email@example.com.
2. The Oak Bluffs Open Market takes place today in Washington Park on Massasoit Avenue in Oak Bluffs. Featuring local produce, flowers, seafood, specialties and other goods. 10 am – 2 pm. For more information, visit oakbluffsopenmarket.com.
3. There are Sunday Farm Projects for all ages today at the Farm Institute in Katama. Children under ten must be accompanied by a parent or caregiver. 1 pm – 2 pm. Through Nov. 18. For more information, call 508-627-7007.
4. This afternoon at Featherstone, there is an Opening Reception for the Island Faces Portrait Contest - People's Choice Awards. Continues through October 31st. 4 pm. For more information, visit featherstoneart.org
5. Searching For Sugar Man screens tonight at the Martha's Vineyard Film Society’s Martha’s Vineyard Film Center. Winner of the Audience Award and a Special Jury Prize at Sundance this year. USA * 2012 * 85 mins. * Documentary * Not –rated. $10/$7 MV Film Society members. 7:30 pm. For more information, visit http://www.mvfilmsociety.com