1. There is a Puppeteering Class today for kids ages six and up at First Baptist Parish Hall in Vineyard Haven. 4 pm - 5 pm. For more information, call 508-696-1933.
2. The Martha's Vineyard Museum hosts this evening. Founder of Bell-Time Clocks, Frisman will present an overview of clock history, styles, and makers and discuss the culture, science, and importance of timekeeping. Patrons are invited to bring one of their own clocks for Frishman to appraise following the talk. $12/ $8 members. 5:30 pm – 7 pm. For more information, call 508-627-4441 x123
3. Slow Food Martha's Vineyard and the Martha's Vineyard Shellfish Group present an Evening Dedicated to Seaweed tonight at the Beach Plum Inn in Chilmark. Featuring a dinner of dishes prepared from cultured seaweeds, followed by a presentation on kelp farming by Paul Dobbins. $20/$15 for Slow Food members. Bring your own beverages, plates, flatware and glasses. 6 pm. Limited Seating. For more information, email email@example.com.
4. Tonight is Songwriter's Night with Erich Luening & Friends at the Pit Stop Workshop in Oak Bluffs. $10/ $5 for Pit Stop members. 8 pm. For more information, call 508-693-4219 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. The Martha's Vineyard Film Society screens Searching For Sugar Man tonight at the Martha’s Vineyard Film Center. $10/$7 for film society members. 7:30 pm. For more information, visit mvfilmsociety.com.