Five Things You Need to Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. This week our Best of Patch Readers’ Choice Poll is Best Staycation Destination. Where do you and your family go for a little staycation fun? Make sure to vote and then check back on Friday at noon when we announce the winner.
2. This morning Island Grown Schools' coordinator Noli Taylor will be talking school food and Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution Community on Mindy Todd's NPR program, The Point WCAI and WNAN from 9:30 am-10 am.
3. It’s Story Time with Sondra at the this morning. There will be stories, songs and crafts for ages 1 1/2 to 3 years old from 10:30 am – 11: 15 am and for ages 3 to 5 years old from 11:30 am – 12:15 pm.
4. Learn to cook Indian food tonight at a Vegetarian Indian Cooking Class with Uma Datta at the Vineyard Haven Public Library. 6 pm. For more information, call 508-696-4211.
5. There is a CD Release party tonight at for Adam Lipsky’s “Hee Hawk” CD. Hee Hawk features Nina Violet on viola, Steve Tully on saxophone, Max Judelson on bass and Mike Marcinowski on drums. Free for members; $5 for non members. Doors open at 7:30 pm.