Five Things You Need to Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. This week our Best of Patch Readers’ Choice Poll is Best Staycation Destination. Where do you and your family go for a little staycation fun? Make sure to vote and then check back on Friday at noon when we announce the winner.
2. It’s Story Time today at the . Newborn to two meet from 10 am - 10:30 am, and three – fives meet from 11 am - 11:30 am. For more information, call 508-696-4211.
3. Julia Kidd, artist, psychotherapist and creator of the signs you've been seeing around the island will present a slide show and discuss her piece today at the . The project took over two years to manifest, from concept to accessing permissions to installation. Ms. Kidd will share her journey through the process. Free. Refreshments will be served. 5 pm.
4. Victor Mastone, Massachusetts Director of Underwater Archaeological Resources will discuss, at the Martha's Vineyard Museum this evening as part of their Shipwrecks Lecture Series. Members $8, Non-members $12. 5:30 pm. A reception will follow in the galleries
5. The Martha's Vineyard Women's Network presents Sarah Ban Breathnach discussing her book Peace and Plenty: Finding Your Path To Financial Serenity tonight at the in Edgartown. $15 for members preregistered by May 4, $25 for nonmembers and walk-ins the day of. 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm. For more information, or to register, call mvwomensnetwork.org