Happy Mothers’ Day to all the moms out there. Today Patch presents a special edition of Five Things you Need To Know Today, featuring five uniquely Island ways to celebrate moms.
1. Take her to brunch. L’etoile, the Harbor View Hotel, State Road, the Lambert’s Cove Inn and the Winnetu Oceanside Resort are just a few of the restaurants offering decadent brunch displays for moms. A friendly suggestion: If you haven’t already made a reservation, call ahead for availability.
2. Buy her flowers. The Native Earth Teaching Farm in Oak Bluffs is celebrating “seed day” from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. with games, a seed swap, crafts, food, demonstrations and a sale on seedlings. Admission is free. Over in Oak Bluffs the Community Solar Greenhouse will hold a featuring herbs, flowers and heirloom tomatoes at 9 a.m.
3. Treat her to a concert. The Martha’s Vineyard Regional High School Minnesingers will present their spring show, at 3 p.m. in the high school’s Performing Arts Center. Admission is $10, $5 for students.
4. Take in a great view. The Martha's Vineyard Museum will in Aquinnah for free from 4 to 6 p.m. in honor of Mothers’ Day. All mothers, and all who have/had a mother, are invited to take in the stunning view from the lighthouse.
5. Give her the gift of your time and timeless flowers. Featherstone Center for the Arts will host an opening reception for its latest exhibit,” ” from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. with guest curator Holly Alaimo.