Five Things You Need to Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. There is an Oak Bluffs Ambulance Open House and Pancake Breakfast this morning at the . Donations welcome. 8 am – noon. For more information, call 508-693-5380.
2. The Oak Bluffs Memorial Day 5K Road Race and One Mile Fun Run is today. Proceeds benefit Hospice of MV. Register at the Wesley Hotel. Fun run starts at 10:30 am and the 5K race starts at 11 am. Registration is from 9 am - 10 am. $15 for preregistration includes a t-shirt, or $20 for day of race registration. For more information or to preregister, call 508-693-7887.
3. Author Richard Russo and daughter Kate Russo will sign their book “Interventions” today at the in Vineyard Haven. 3 pm - 5 pm. For more information, call 508-693-2297 or email email@example.com.
4. This afternoon enjoy the with Guest Curator: MJ Bruder Munafo at in Oak Bluffs. Celebrating 30 Years at the Vineyard Playhouse featuring costumes and props created by Island costume designers and prop designers from the Vineyard Playhouse's favorite shows. Refreshments will be served. 4 pm.
5. The U.S. Slave Song Project Choir performs this evening at the in Oak Bluffs. Featuring Jim Thomas and Michael Prichard with choir singers. $20 for groups, $10 for adults, free for children 12 and under. Proceeds support seniors programs at the YMCA. 7:30 pm. For information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.