Five Things You Need to Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. The Friends of Family Planning MV Art Show and Fundraiser opens today at the in West Tisbury. Free admission and parking. 10 am - 6 pm.
2. The Tisbury and Edgartown Schools March to the Sea Parades take place today. students leave at 12:30 pm and travel to via Spring street and Main street. The students leave at 1 pm and travel to Memorial Wharf.
3. Tonight celebrate the grand opening of the new restaurant Hooked (formerly ) in Oak Bluffs with a night of music provided by King Cake and the Baby. Doors open at 8:30 pm.
4. Members take a special look at Showtime: 100 Years of Theater on Martha's Vineyard this evening before it opens to the public on Saturday. Theater has been a vibrant part of Martha's Vineyard's cultural landscape for more than a hundred years. Playhouses, open fields, schools, and churches across the Island provided the stage for seasoned and novice actors, directors, and playwrights. This collaborative exhibition explores the deep connections between the Island and the performing arts and artists it has hosted over the years. Reception in the Galleries begins at 5 pm.
5. Kick off Memorial Day weekend with a at THE BASE in the Alexandra Gagnon Teen Center at the . Rock your school colors - enjoy the best in top 40, hip hop - dub step and much more. Free Glow bracelets to everyone. There will also be a special release presentation of a cover tune (with new lyrics) called "White and Purple” by Mark Meezy from Philadelphia. Great rap about our awesome island. $5 cover includes snacks, and glow bracelets. 8 pm - 10 pm