Five Things You Need to Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. This week in our Best of Patch Readers’ Choice Poll, we want to know, where is the best place for a wedding reception on the Island? Vote for your favorite location and check back on Friday at noon when we announce the winner.
2. Nursery School Naturalists meet today at . Ages three to five with caregiver. Today's subject are horseshoe crabs. $6 per child for members, $9 per child for non-members. 10 am - 11 am. Drop ins welcome, preregistration preferred. For more information, call 508-627-4850.
3. Poets and will be reading tonight at the West Tisbury Library. Refreshments served. 5 pm. For more information, call 508-693-3366.
4. There is a Gala Preview Party for the Friends of Family Planning MV Art Show and Sale tonight at the . Tickets are $50 per person. Proceeds benefit Friends of Family Planning. Food by Kitchen Porch Catering. Music by Jeremy Berlin. 6 pm - 8 pm. For more information, visit friendsoffamilyplanning.org.
5. Join the for a special preview dinner at chef Christian Thornton’s new restaurant, Hooked: An Island Fish House. Museum patrons will be the first to enjoy the new menu and fine wine at Hooked, located in the space formerly occupied by , before its official opening on Memorial Day weekend. Museum Chief Curator Bonnie Stacy will bring along some of the Museum’s treasures to make the evening even more memorable. $150 per person. 6 pm. Reservations required. Call 508-627-4441 x117 for tickets.