1. Have you voted yet in our Readers’ Choice Best of Martha’s Vineyard Patch poll? This week vote for the Best Place to Spend St. Patrick’s Day. Make sure to let us know in the comments why the place you chose is the best place to spend St. Patty’s this year.
2. There is a Bookmaking Workshop for Teens with Emma Young at the . It will also be offered on Mar. 21 from 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm. Participants can take one or both workshops. Each workshop is limited to five participants and preregistration is required. Refreshments served. 1 pm - 2 pm. For more information, call 508-693-3366.
3. Marine conservationist Samantha Whitcraft brings her talk: to the today. Whitcraft will discusse the importance of sharks, shark myths, and ways to help protect sharks. 3 pm. Free.
4. The Martha's Vineyard Poetry Society presents Civil War Poetry at the this evening. Featured poets will be Lee McCormack, Fan Ogilvie, Ellie Bates, Jill Jupen, Susan Puciul, and William Waterway. 7 pm. For more information, call 508-627-4929.
5. Edgartown's New Library: A Librarian's Perspective takes place this evening in the children's room of the . Information about the building plans for the new town library will be presented along with a question and answer session. 7 pm. For more information, call 508-627-4221.