Five Things You Need to Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. There is a at today. Celebrate the start of summer with live music by Juana Camilleri and "The Shrubs." There will also be face painting, animal balloons pony rides and a scavenger hunt. Free. 11 am – 2 pm. For more information, call 508-696-7600
2. There is an Edible Wild Food Workshop today at . Learn to identify and prepare wild foods. $30/$25 for members. 2 pm - 5 pm. Pre-registration required. Call 508-627-4850.
3. Come to today for . Bring your knitting, spinning or other fiber arts project, or play with ours. Natural dyes, hand spinning, and other experiments are ongoing. $5/$10 family. 4 pm – 6 pm. For more information, call 508-645-3304
4. The , presents its first opening reception of the 2012 season featuring artwork by Vineyard favorites. 5 pm – 7 pm. 508-693-5595
5. The presents: I Sent a Letter to My Love at the in Vineyard Haven. 8 pm. For more information, call 508-627-3166 or visit itwmv.org.