Five Things You Need to Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Today is going to be another extremely hot day. Please make sure to take necessary precautions. Click here to .
2. There is a Butterfly Garden Work Party today and every Thursday at in Edgartown. Free with sanctuary admission. 1 pm - 3 pm.
3. Slowfood MV is holding a this evening at the Allen Farm in Chilmark. There will be tours of the farm and windmill and field games for children. $10/ person or $25 for a family and includes Grey Barn pork, Allen Farm chicken and North Tabor Farm greens. Bring a side dish or dessert, picnic supplies and BYOB. Event begins at 4 pm. Live music will begin at 6 pm with Good Night Louise and Barbara Hoy and Don Groover. This is a zero waste event. For more information, email email@example.com
4. This evening, the take on the Wachusette Dirt Dawgs at . 5 pm. For more information, visit mvsharks.com.
5. Author Cherene Sherrard-Johnson will discuss her new book at the today. West is best known as one of the youngest writers involved in the Harlem Renaissance, but she was also intimately rooted in a very different milieu—Oak Bluffs. She worked as a columnist for the and played an integral role in the development of the African American community of Oak Bluffs. Books available for purchase/signing. $8 members/$12 non-members. 5:30 pm. For more information, call 508-627-4441.