Five Things You Need to Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. It’s Toddler Time at today. All-ages are welcome to visit with animals, explore community gardens, see rare poultry and plantings. $5 suggested donation. 10 am – noon. For more information, call 508-645-3304 or visit nativeearthteachingfarm.org.
2. Women Empowered welcomes Ken White, former career advisor at MIT, for a seminar taking place today at the in West Tisbury. For those who want to discover their strengths and find out how they translate into this job market. $25 (hardship request for reduced admission will be considered) WE clients are $10. Lunch is included, but pre-registration is required. 10 am – 2 pm. For more information or to register, call 508-696-8880.
3. There is a Summer Solstice Celebration tonight at featuring poetry and music on the Outdoor Stage. $5 suggested donation. 6 pm - 8 pm. For more information, call 508-693-1850 or visit featherstoneart.org.
4. Get to today at . Kick-off the summer lecture season with this fun and informative gathering. Join Arboretum staff for a wine and cheese reception followed by an update of recent activities at PHA. Learn about future garden plans, new plants, research projects, and upcoming events. Free. 6:45 pm. For more information, call 508-693-9426
5. plays tonight at in Oak Bluffs. Enjoy a great evening of country blues and Americana style music, with an emphasis on original music, featuring banjo, harmonica, and dobro. Good Night Louise is one of the Island’s favorite bands and The Pit Stop is a listening room focused on the enjoyment of quality musicians and their music. Bring your own refreshments. $10/$5 members. 9 pm – 11pm. For more information, call 508-693-4219 or email email@example.com