1. The rhododendrons are just one branch of an interesting and attractive family tree known as the heath family. Join staff for today - a look at the heath family (Ericaceae) at PHA. Tour the living collection and meet the relatives, discovering many lesser-known ericaceous plants including native shrubs, evergreen groundcovers, and summer-blooming trees. $5. 10 am.
2. is offering a workshop on . Come learn new recipes for vitality and maintaining good health. Discuss how to foster life-long eating habits and how to make them a part of everyday life; how to introduce grains and sea vegetables; learn how to cook nutrient dense meals that are easy along with a few quick fall soups which are ready in minutes; keep the focus on local sources. The class will end over a meal discussing overall health. $75. Address given to class registrants only. 5 pm – 9 pm. For more information or to register, visit culinary-experiences.com or call 508-645-5000
3. The Edgartown Board of Trade All Member Meeting takes place this evening at in Edgartown. Celebrate the start of the summer season. Brief remarks followed by a complimentary round of drinks and hors d’oeuvres provided by . Cash bar afterwards. 5:15 pm.
4. Join Thomas Dresser at the tonight as he delves into the aftermath of the official inquiry, court battles, and ghoulish visits to the site of the disaster around the tragedy of the that killed more than one hundred people. His new book, Disaster Off Martha's Vineyard explores the background of the ship, dramatic details of the wreck, and the rescue by Wampanoag Native Americans. Reception to follow. $8. 5:30 pm.
5. There is an Open Forum to discuss the renovation of the today at thein Oak Bluffs. 5:30 pm. For more information, call 774-563-9197.