Five Things You Need to Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. The 8th Annual starts today in Hartford Park in Oak Bluffs. Includes Cottagers’ history and memorabilia; the exhibit, Freedom Riders, from the Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History; an African American marketplace featuring crafts, jewelry, clothing, mini- talks; evening talks/book signing; Africana storytelling, singing, dancing and crafts for children; and line dancing for teens and adults. Food by Irie Bites will be available for purchase. Also Friday. 10 am - 4:30 pm.
2. There is Story and Craft Time this afternoon at the. 4:30 pm- 5 pm.
3. Tonight at the in Vineyard Haven. $20, $10 under age 25. 5 pm. For more information visit http://www.vineyardplayhouse.org or call 508-687-2452
4. There is a tonight at the THE BASE at the Alexandra Gagnon Teen Center in the . Enjoy a cup of coffee or tea while you relax in air-conditioned comfort and listen to a variety of performances. You never know who will stop in. $5. Doors open at 7:30 pm.
5. The takes place tonight at . The Vineyard's own home-grown Beatles band, The Daytrippers, recreate the sonic brilliance of the Beatles recordings from the 1960s, performed 100% live. 21+ show. $25 in Advance/ $30 at the door. 9 pm