Five Things You Need to Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. There is a this morning . All ages and levels welcome, no experience required. $15. 9 am.
2. It’s today at in Chilmark. Visit animals, community gardens, rare poultry and permaculture plantings. 10 am.
3. speaks tonight at the . Dr. Shweder will discuss the morality of health care in a talk titled The Many Meanings of Morality and Health: Here and There, Left and Right. 5:30 pm
4. Charlayne Hunter-Gault will discuss her book To the Mountaintop: My Journey Through the Civil Rights Movement at the Vineyard Haven Public Library. Followed by a reception and book signing. 7 pm. For more information, call 508-696-4211.
5. The Martha’s Vineyard Film Festival presents tonight at the . $7 for members/$15 for non-members. Dinner and live music begins at 7 pm. Film begins at 8 pm. For more information, call 508-645-9599